For Eric, it is all about keeping a healthy perspective. A dedicated professional with over 20 years of experience, he strives to use his gifts to serve his clients and those in his community. At the same time, he recognizes that someday, our jobs and businesses will no longer be here, and faith, family, and relationships should always be prioritized.
As a shareholder in the firm’s Tax Department, Eric specializes in tax and business advisory for all types of small businesses and individuals. He serves clients in various industries, with the heaviest concentration in real estate and transportation – specifically trucking. He also works with complex individual tax situations and planning. Eric is grateful to be surrounded by great people. He owes his success to God, mentors, co-workers, and family and is very thankful for them.
A native Iowan, Eric makes his home in Sioux Falls, South Dakota with his wife, Darcy, their four children, and their dog, Josie. He loves the area for being big enough to have everything they could ever want but small enough to feel like a close community. Eric is a fan of all sports but especially enjoys golfing and coaching his children’s teams and activities. An outdoorsman who loves enjoying creation, his favorite place to visit is any national park.
Designations & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – South Dakota
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- South Dakota CPA Society (SDCPAS)
- Volunteers of America Audit Committee
- Dordt University Audit Committee
- Classis Iakota Finance Committee
- Dordt University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and Accounting
- University of South Dakota
- Master’s in Business Administration