A Dickinson native, Brian loves living in his hometown because the people are great, and it is a fantastic place to raise children. He is married to his high school sweetheart, Amanda, and they have two daughters, Avery, and Camdyn. In his free time, Brian enjoys golfing, mountain biking, fishing, sailing, kayaking, jet skiing, and playing sports with his daughters. The family loves to visit nearby Lake Sakakawea and the Riviera Maya area south of Cancún, Mexico.
After graduating from college in 2004, Brian spent four years working for RSM McGladrey in Minneapolis. In 2008, he joined Reichert Fisher, which merged into Brady Martz just a year later. In 2017, after nine years with the firm, Brian became a Brady Martz shareholder. He performs both tax and consulting work for clients in a variety of industries, including construction, oil and gas, retail, professional services, manufacturing, and more. Brian also leads the Dickinson office’s Lifetime Planning/Wealth Management Practice. He works as a wealth and estate planning advisor for many high net worth families and their businesses.
A focused problem solver, Brian strives to get to know his clients and their businesses well in order to help them achieve their goals. He was introduced to the accounting profession at an early age—his father was a CPA. Brian attributes his career success to following the advice of his father, who taught him the value of being client focused and having a problem-solving attitude. His favorite quote, which comes from Theodore Roosevelt, helps to guide him in his daily work life: “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”
Designations & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – North Dakota
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- North Dakota CPA Society (NDCPAS)
- Trinity Catholic School Foundation Board of Directors
- Dickinson Area Community Foundation Board of Directors
- St. Benedict’s Foundation Board of Directors
- Rotary Club
- Dickinson Area Builders Association
- University of North Dakota
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting and Finance (2004)