In 2014, Emily and her husband moved to Sioux Falls away from family and friends. Her husband traveled a lot for work, and the resulting alone time helped her learn self-reliance and solidify who she is as a person: a positive and persistent individual who inspires others to be their best.
Emily joined the firm as an associate in 2015 and worked her way up, serving as senior associate, manager, and now senior manager. She specializes in compilations, audits, and reviews for clients in nonprofit, construction, and transportation industries, as well as 990 returns for nonprofit agencies. A valued resource for her colleagues, Emily is also known around the office as an AdvanceFlow guru.
Originally from Peoria, Illinois, Emily now makes her home in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, with her husband, their three sons, and one English Bulldog. She spends her free time playing and coaching soccer, crafting with her Cricut, and chasing her boys around. When she has the chance to travel, Emily’s favorite place to visit is Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri.
Designations & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – South Dakota, Illinois
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- South Dakota CPA Society (SDCPAS)
- Sioux Falls Professional Women for Good
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Business Management