Heather’s personal service philosophy is, “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” And she cares a lot. With deep roots in her family’s farm, Heather’s clients tell her they appreciate her ability to relate to their situation and explain taxation in a way that makes sense to them.
With over 20 years of experience as an accounting professional, Heather is a seasoned advisor who values being a lifelong learner. She believes in the power of resilience, having a learning mindset, and always trying to do better. Heather specializes in providing income tax with a focus on small business and agriculture.
Outside of the office, Heather enjoys spending time with her family on their farm in Marion, South Dakota. She shares three sons, one dog, and lots of chickens with her husband, Shaun. Heather can be found reading, listening to podcasts, hiking, boating, or doing yoga and other fitness activities. Her favorite book is Daring Greatly by Brene Brown, which highlights courage and vulnerability and encourages us to speak up and be seen.
Designations & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – South Dakota
- SD Agricultural & Rural Leadership graduate
- 2022 Embe Tribute to Women nominee
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- South Dakota CPA Society (SDCPAS)
- Sioux Falls Estate Planning Council
- Embe Women’s Leadership Program Mentor
- University of South Dakota
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration and Accounting
- Master of Professional Accountancy Degree